Saturday, February 14, 2009

Liar, Liar pants on fire

So I told a fib. I said that I was going to get up @ 4:30 every morning last week and workout. I think it's more like drag my sorry, tired, unwilling ass out of my nice and toasty bed and workout. It didn't happen. Not once. I have a million excuses. It's cold (mind you it's been warmer here in the past week than usual), the first night I tossed and turned worried about work and didn't sleep much, uhmmmm...well maybe not a million. Basically what it boils down to is that I just didn't want it bad enough. I want to want it bad enough, but sleep is much more appealing at 4:30 in the morning.

Tuesday, my first day back to work, I did come home and make dinner and walked a mile on the treadmill (a whopping 20 minutes). Wednesday we had a huge storm and power outage for the night so that was a great excuse to go out to eat and since we had no power I couldn't do a video or walk on the treadmill. Guess walking outside was out of the question. Thursday came and went without exercise, and so did Friday. I knew that I was going to have to wake up early today and make myself exercise.

So I did. I walked 3.5 miles on my treadmill in 1 hour and 8 minutes. I was pretty happy with that. I'll probably do the same tomorrow.

I've got to get a plan together for the exercise though. I like to workout in the morning, it's just over and done with for the day. I just don't see myself doing it after work. I think I've got something figured out but I'm not posting about it until it happens. Wouldn't want to lie to everyone again.

Still eating well - it helps that I had the menu made for the month. I don't have to follow it in any order. As long as we have the ingredients to make the meal I can do what I feel like - it's been working so far.

I did go off the plan a little today (Valentine's Day). We had steak and shrimp for dinner. I only ate half my steak and a few shrimp. I also made a low calorie cupcake (190 if you can call that low calorie) that was pretty tasty. I hope you all had a nice day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, come on. That's not a lie - it's a change of plans!

4:30 is so early. Yikes. I could not do it.

Lynn said...

After years of "trying" to get up early to work out, I finally came to terms with the fact that I will likely never be an early riser and work out in the evenings.

I wish you so much luck on your quest to be an early morning riser! Please let me know if you find a trick that works!

Danielle said...

Yeah. I don't know if you saw The Office this week but Kelley's "Birthday Nap" almost made the string cheese I was eating come out of my nose. Oh. The Sleeve that Michael cut off of Holy's sweater was pretty amazing too. Really. Every moment is a perfect moment in that show and I could comment paragraphs upon paragraphs about my favorite moments.

I am impressed with anyone, anywhere that gets up to do stuff before work. Really. You could say that you were getting up before work to clip your toenails and my eyes would pop a bit at your dedication. I congratulate you for even contemplating it!

wildfluffysheep said...

Here here. I wish I could dedicate more time to working out early in the morning. I guess I'm just not willing to give up my beloved sleep.

I know that feeling of wanting something but then not doing much about it. I guess you have to really really want it.

Goodluck with the exercise plan and kudos on the 3.5 miles.

Di said...

Don't think of it as a fail, but rather of a work in process. The most difficult thing with exercise seems to be finding something you love doing enough that it feels like play, and few things will prevent us from doing. Remember when you were a kid ? Exercise was just what you did but it was called play. While the treadmill sounds like a great way to get moving and get fir, it is not for everyone. 4 am is an hour just like any other hour in the day. The trick is to find what works for you. And you don't have to just walk or run on that beast. Consider doing a hula, walking backwards, trying something like a cheerleading routine or anything that just plain feels fun. It is moving and it is all good. Bonus if it is enjoyable or silly in that it releases chemicals that cut down on those stress hormones that bring on belly fat.

You are doing great, and simply in the process of becoming !

~closed~ said...

Your post made me laugh. I've done the same thing. For me, working out in the morning is best because I let so many other things get in the way of doing it later. With that said, I haven't worked out in what seems live FOR...EVERRRR. You actually got some great workouts in on the treadmill. That's great!!!

About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
I'm just ready for a change. I'm hoping that this will be a place to meet people who are struggling as I am and we can help each other out.