Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Goals

I was reading some other blogs and a few people have compiled a list of their goals. I came across one blog that went back to their goals and wrote about if they were achieved or not. I loved the idea. I'm working on a list of goals for 2009. Obviously my main goal is to lose weight. But, it's not that simple. What I'm really hoping to figure out is why all this weight? What happened that made me 356 pounds. I'm not an idiot. I know lack of exercise and over eating is the reason. But, what makes me gravitate towards food when I'm sad, mad, anxious, etc..... I haven't had that "Ah-ha" moment. I've seen pictures of myself at this weight, heard comments made, felt the aches and pains, but just haven't had that moment some people say they have.

My goal for this year is quite simple. I would like to continue on the path I'm on now. Right now my focus is on exercise. I figure that is a good start. I don't know why I don't want to exercise some days. I feel great after I do it, my clothes fit better and, my body hurts less and less. Yet, some days I still fight that "I don't feel like it" feeling. I've been good at fighting it though. I've been walking on my treadmill for the past month. I've gotten better everyday too. I'm up to 2.1 miles (I started off at 1 mile). I'm proud of that.

Sounds simple - I just want to make it that simple.

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

I'm an emotional eater, too. Overcoming that is the hardest battle we'll face. But we CAN and WILL overcome it!

And 2.1 miles walking is awesome! Keep it up, girl! :)

(Oh... and thanks for mentioning the friend of a friend who does medical transcription. It's good to hear something positive about it!)

About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
I'm just ready for a change. I'm hoping that this will be a place to meet people who are struggling as I am and we can help each other out.