Friday, November 21, 2008

I've got the blahs

I don't know why? But, I've got the blahs today. I woke up and just didn't feel like doing anything.

I hate when this happens. Normally what I'll do is use this as an excuse to sit around all day and give into the snacking monster that is sitting on my shoulder. It'll be a fight a first, I'll go into the pantry look around, tell myself I don't need it, walk to the fridge look around, tell myself I don't need it, and then....wham apparently I need it. I'll find something unhealthy and indulge. We really don't have a lot of unhealthy food in the house, but there are a few things. I won't just have one piece, one bite, a taste....nope I'll eat the whole freakin' thing. Once I've given into it you'd think I'd stop, but my puny little brain says "well you blew it Christy, may as well continue".

I hate that I don't have a little off button that says stop. I guess I have the off button I just don't know how to use it. I'm learning though. I've finally gotten to the point where I realize that if I have a bad day, that's ok. That doesn't mean that I have to give up everything I've accomplished so far. It's been really hard to retrain my brain to think that too. Usually, if I screwed up that was just it for me....end of diet.

I guess it's ok to have a blah day every now and again. It's just learning how to have a blah day without eating everything in sight.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I think I have more blah days then any other kind of day. It is tough to work on yourself and not feel blah.

I think that having a blah day is fine. I really have to be careful not to be destructive when I am in blah mode because some of my motivation is lacking and I can go straight in the opposite direction.

You seem to be aware of it and that is a great step!

About Me

My photo
Tennessee, United States
I'm just ready for a change. I'm hoping that this will be a place to meet people who are struggling as I am and we can help each other out.