So while I was perusing other blogs I noticed that Losing Waist has sort of tagged anyone who follows her blog to list 10 interesting things about yourself...since I don't have a lot going on in my life I figured I'd jump on the wagon and share some things (may or may not be interesting) about me:
1. I am deathly afraid of bees. Any sort of bee (wasp, bumble, yellow jacket...you get the idea). It's a completely irrational fear since I've never been stung. If a bee comes near me (God forbid it lands on me) I run around with my arms flailing. It's quite funny. My husband couldn't stop laughing the first time he saw it happen. It's just a natural reaction too. Maybe I should just keep the bees around so that I would run. :-)
2. I have flat feet. It's a real pain the butt. I can't wear the cute little sandals because my foot hangs over. Since I've been walking so much I've got blisters where my arches should be.
3. October 2 is an interesting date for me. It was my mom's delivery due date for me in 1971. In 2003 my mother in law passed away after hitting her head on a table and never waking up. My mom had to put her dog to sleep that same day in 2003, and finally my mom died October 2, 2008.
4. I dated someone who went to jail. I was in my early 20's and we had gone out a couple of times. He ended up in jail and I went to visit a few times. Finally got a clue...I was young.
5. My husband never really proposed to me. We were driving around talking about it and we just sort of ended up at a jewelry store. It's the one thing that bugs me about our relationship. I secretly wish I had one of those romantic proposals.
6. I love to cook/bake. I'm a Food Network junkie. Every Saturday I'm watching. Probably not the best thing for a fattie. I don't make everything I see - I honestly just love to get their tips. Giada & Ellie Krieger usually make fairly healthy meals.
7. I miss California like crazy. I was born and raised in the Bay Area - we moved because we couldn't afford to buy a home there. I miss the beach/ocean. I miss the diversity. I miss the fresh fruit and produce. You just don't understand the difference in freshness. I never thought it would be such a problem. We live in Knoxville and they have no idea of what fresh produce is. I miss my family and friends. And, I miss Chipotle, Baja Fresh, and In & Out Burger....yeah I know they aren't healthy choices.
8. I'd really love to find a job in the medical field, preferably radiology or respiratory therapy. I'm too afraid to make the jump. I've been doing accounting/office work for the past 15 years and I'm so unhappy. But, I know it. It's not fulfilling.
9. I'm not afraid to die. Weird I know. After watching someone you love die - it's quite peaceful.
10. We have two English Bulldogs. Millie (named after the Millennium - she was born in 2000) and Feta (yes like the cheese - we didn't name her she was adopted). They are both going to be nine this year. They are like my kids. I don't dress them or anything, but they are quite spoiled.
Guess that's all.................